How To Fix Your Organization’s Data Cannot be Pasted Here? [Updated 2022]
The error message “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here” happens when you are trying to copy corporate content or data from Outlook or from other managed apps to other apps installed on your Windows 11 or Windows 10.
Your Organization’s Data Cannot be Pasted Here
As you attempt to paste such data into the app, you might get an error message thus: your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.
This error message might just be something related to a new documents you created and may pop up on OS. In this case, just exit the app, restart your PC, and check if the error still occurs.
If you are still getting the error message even after restarting your PC, read this guide carefully to learn how to fix Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here error on your PC.
What does your organization’s data cannot be pasted here mean?
This error message happens because of a unique feature of Microsoft Intune Policy Management (MIPM) that prevents users to cut, copy or paste data for security reasons to any unauthorized app on the same device.
This means that the app you are trying to copy data to is not recognized by the Microsoft Intune Policy. (your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.)
Sometimes, the error message can happen even when you are copying data to an authorized app. In this situation, It might be that you are using an outdated version of Outlook or Office app on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
Causes of your Organization’s Data Cannot be Pasted Here error
Microsoft Intune Policies
Below are some of the possibly reasons why you are seeing the error message “your Organisation’s Data Cannot be Pasted Here”.
- Intune Blocked: This is an option that prevents or blocks cut, copy, and paste between the Intune apps and other apps on your device.
- Policy Managed Apps: This is an option that allows you to cut, copy and paste action between this app and other policy-managed apps.
- Policy Managed with Paste in: This allows cut or copy between the app and other policy managed apps and also allows data from other apps to be pasted into this app.
- Any Apps: There is no single restriction for cut, copy and paste from the app and to the app.
How To Fix Your Organization’s Data Cannot Be Pasted Here
Enough being said, let’s proceed with how you can deal with “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here error message” on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC.
The easy methods on how to fix this error message are;
- Update Office Suite Manually
- Modify Microsoft Intune app protection policy
- Recreate an Office file
Update Office Suite Manually
Just like i mentioned earlier, your organization’s data cannot be pasted here error message can occur because you are using an older version of the Outlook or Office app on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
You can simply get rid of the error message just by updating the Outlook or Office app on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC manually.
Modify the Microsoft Intune app protection policy
The first method is by modifying the Microsoft intune app protection policy that blocked cut, copy, and paste from the Outlook app to another app on your PC.
Read Also: How To Change Discovery Plus Password?
Follow the steps below to fix your organization’s data cannot be pasted here by modifying the intune app protection policy.
- First, Login to your Microsoft Intune dashboard.
- On the dashboard, click on Client apps on the left-hand side.
- On the Client apps screen, from the left-hand pane, go to App protection policies.
- Click the Create policy button to create a new policy or from the list of policies.
- Edit an already installed Policy by clicking on it.
- For creating a new policy,
- Go to Settings.
- Then, Data Protection.
- Then, Data Transfer.
- Under the Data Transfer section,
- Modify the Restrict cut, copy and paste between other apps policy according to your taste.
- Finally Click on the OK button to save.
Now you should be able to cut, copy, or paste data between apps based on your custom policy configuration.
Make sure you assign the new policy you created in Microsoft intune to relevant groups.
If you are still seeing the error message when copying data between protected apps, Update the app and try again.
3. Recreate an Office file (Excel)
This method is more for those who don’t want to pass through the stress of the above methods.
Note that you risk loosing all your data in the file if you use this method since it involves creating a new Office document ( Microsoft Excel).
To Recreate the Office file, follow the steps below.
- Make a new file.
- Choose a cell and then fill it with color or make changes to it.
- Save the file to your OneDrive for Business folder.
- Now, you can cut, copy and paste your organization’s data into the spreadsheet.
Other Easy methods to Fix Your Organization’s Data Cannot Be Pasted Here
Other methods by which you can fix your organization’s data cannot be pasted here error message are:
Read Also: How To Delete iFunny Account [Solved 2022]
1. Make some changes and save the document.
Make some changes to a new file. For example, create a new Excel spreadsheet, enter some text in one of the cells, and fill in the blank cells with color.
Then press Ctrl S, When asked if you want to save the file, Click Yes.
Now Check to see if you can paste the data from your organization into the file you just created.
If the error still occurs, close the file, exit the app, wait 30 seconds then try and paste the data into the file again.
2. Contact your IT administrator.
If you have tried all the methods above and you can’t still cut, copy or paste your organization’s data from one Microsoft app to another.
You can just contact Microsoft support team to help you solve the problem.
I hope by now you are able to fit your organization’s data cannot be pasted here error message on your PC.
If not, watch the video guide below or reach out to your IT administrator.
Let us know if this methods were useful to you via the comment section below.