Quick Guide on How To Recover Hacked Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp Accounts
Has your account been hacked on social media? Here’s a guide on how to recover a hacked Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram accounts quickly.
This post centers on step by step tutorial on how to recover your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp when hacked.
It’s not news that there are numerous hackers on the web searching effortlessly for who will fall victim.
Facebook Admin has taken note of that and released a statement sharing tips on how to recover such accounts in case of hack.
Steps on How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
- Report the incident via https://www.facebook.com/hacked. Fill in the report with the email address and mobile number used when registering or creating a Facebook account
- You may not be able to access your account temporarily. No need to worry, make sure you have filled out the report with the correct data
- During the data verification process, Facebook will ask you to send a photo of an identity card, such as an ID card or driver’s license
- Facebook will send a notification via email when your account has been successfully restored
See Also: YouTube Creators: Publish Pre-recorded Videos as Live
Steps on How To Recover Hacked Whatsapp Account
To recover hacked Whatsapp account, all you need to do is follow the steps below
- Immediately verify by logging into the WhatsApp application and entering the registered mobile number. More details on how to verify your number can be found at https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/account-and-profile/stolen-accounts/
- After verification, you will receive a six-digit code via SMS. Enter the code into the WhatsApp application.
- WhatsApp will usually ask for a Two-Step Authentication code. However, if the user has not activated it, access back to WhatsApp will be received seven days after the number verification process.
Steps on How To Recover Hacked Instagram Account
- Report the incident via help.instagram.com
- When your report has been submitted to Instagram, your account may appear lost. This is one of Instagram’s steps to ensure that your account is actually hacked.
- Check the email used to create the account periodically. Instagram will send an email asking users to fill out a form and include personal data, such as a photo or ID card
- The verification process generally takes four to seven days. Instagram will confirm via email if the account has been recovered.
Now that you know how to recover a hacked Instagram, Facebook or WhatsApp account, Let’s let us know via the comment box below if you find this helpful or if you are lost at any point in this post.