How To Get and Watch Virgin Media Player on Smart TV? [Updated 2022]
Virgin Media Player on Smart TV:
Even though the number of streaming services and online resources is growing, some people might not want to miss their favorite live channels or live shows on their favorite channels. Therefore, users that wants to cut the cord search for streaming options that must offer their preferred live channels.
Virgin Media Player
One of the better streaming services with live channels is the Virgin Media Player. This post will go into more detail on how to download the Virgin Media Player app to a smart TV.
Virgin Media Player is a web-based streaming service that allows you to access your preferred live channels and on-demand programming. The Virgin Media Television service created the Virgin Media Player.
On October 8, 2011, this service made its debut as 3Player. On August 8, 2018, it was changed to Virgin Media Player. On their preferred platforms, such as Android, iOS, Desktop, and others, Virgin Media Player users can watch live channels and on-demand content.
Virgin Media Player offers access to channels like Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, and Virgin Media Three. It is absolutely free to utilize the Virgin Media Player service.
Is Virgin Media Player available on Smart TV?
For Smart TV App Stores, the Virgin Media app is not available. Therefore, we will apply the workarounds I am going to drop in this article. Let’s look at how to get and install the Virgin Media Player app on a smart TV.
How To Get and Watch Virgin Media Player on Smart TV?
Follow the guide below carefully to learn how to get and watch Virgin Media Player on Smart TVs.
A built-in casting feature is not supported by the Virgin Media Player app. Therefore, we can use the methods listed below:
- Using Chromecast
- Via Airplay
- Using Streaming Devices
How Do I Get Virgin Media Player on Smart TV with Chromecast?
You are going to learn how to use the cast feature of Chromecast to install the Virgin Media app on a Smart TV in the sections below.
- Download and Install the Virgin Media Player app on your Android smartphone.
- Connect your Smart TV and Chromecast together.
- Connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Now access your Android’s Settings.
- Now navigate to the cast option on your Android.
- A list of devices will be displayed, select the name of your Chromecast device.
- Your Android screen will now show on your TV.
- Launch the Virgin Media Player app on your Android device.
- Now watch it on your smart TV that is connected to Chromecast.
If your Smart TV has a built-in Chromecast option, you don’t need to to use a Chromecast dongle.
How To Watch Virgin Media TV on Smart TV via Airplay
- Download and Install the Virgin Media Player app on your iOS device.
- Connect your Smart TV to an Apple TV.
- Also connect your Apple TV and iOS devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iOS device, go to the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
- iOS is preferred for Apple TV.
- Your iOS screen will be shown to you on your TV.
- The content can then be viewed by starting the Virgin Media Player on your iOS device. then see it on a Smart TV that is connected to Apple TV.
If your Smart TV has an inbuilt Airplay option, you can skip using Apple TV.
How To Download Virgin TV on Smart TV using Streaming devices
To get and watch the Virgin Media app on a Smart TV using streaming devices, follow these steps. The Virgin Media Player app is compatible with NOW Set-top-boxes and NOW streaming sticks
- You can also use a streaming device to watch Virgin Media Player om your Smart.
- Connect your streaming device to your smart TV using a HDMI cable.
- Also connect the Streaming device to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network.
- Then go to your streaming device’s App Store.
- In the App store, search for the Virgin Media Player app.
- Select the Virgin Media Player app from the search results.
- Then click on the Add button.
- The Virgin Media Player app will now be installed on your streaming device.
- Open the app on your streaming device, then use your Smart TV to view the content.
You can stream on-demand material and live channels with the Virgin Media Player app. For a month or a week after they air, you can still access the content via the Virgin Media Player app. Due to broadcasting rights, they might be taken down after a month or a week. View this post to learn how to download the Virgin Media Player app on your Smart TV.